Home

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Rock Monsters

So I fell in love with these
on pinterest and just had to have the kids try to make their own.
 
So,
after a 2 hour nature walk to collect the rocks
base coat for colour
faces drawn
teeth painted
a coat of poly acrylic for shine and durability
and a hunt to 3 stores to find googly eyes.
 
Here they are.
 
 
The whole group.
 



I love how expressive the faces are.
 
 
My youngest thought his needed hair, so out came the pom poms.
 

They love playing with them, although you shouldn't play with them on your solid wood table without a mat underneath.
Don't ask.....
just take my advice.
 

 
All of these guys are going to lead the way up to our
MONSTER
themed door on Halloween.
 
*Joke*
Q: What type of monster really loves dance music?
A: The boogieman!
 
 linking with
positivelysplendid

11 comments:

  1. What a fun, inexpensive and easy craft idea! @ Creative Mama on a Dime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this!! So cute!

    I would love to invite you to post this over at my link party on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Hope to see you there :)

    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! They rock(pun intended)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karyn, what fun these are, very nice and thank you for sharing! I am a new follower.

    Have a good day, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute! I'm going to have to make a set with my grandson! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this at The Purple Pumpkin Blog......you've been featured!

    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of paint did you useI made some with my kindergarten class last year and the paint pealed when it dried. Might be the inexpensive school paint

    ReplyDelete
  9. What kind of paint did you useI made some with my kindergarten class last year and the paint pealed when it dried. Might be the inexpensive school paint

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable! I wanted to let you know that I am featuring these on www.simplycreativemoms.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much these are great.

    ReplyDelete