Home

Friday, October 12, 2012

Faux Bone Inlay

I have always been drawn to furniture with
bone inlay
 
and so I finally decided to do a piece with a nod to that technique.
 
First I edged the drawers in light grey and then started with my interior lines.
(sorry about the flash it was late and there was no natural light)
 
 
Now onto the pattern. 
There are tons to pick from. 
 
 Lots of leaf and flower motifs.
I went with a heart leaf and flower one.

 
 
Finally broke down and bought some
Frog Tape
 
 
It did really give a nice line with way less bleeding.
 
 
 
 
 I was tempted to paint the whole thing like the
bone inlay furniture
 that has it all over,but decided to just give a little accent to the drawers.
 
I coated the whole thing in a poly acrylic for durability and a little shine.

 
 
I do love how it gave some life to these plain flat drawers.
 

 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out! It really gives the piece a lot of dimension. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i'm working on a stool right now, which i'm trying to do herringbone on. it's nerve-wracking to hand paint! found you at Keeping It Simple. There's a party at my place if you feel like linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great! I would love to have you stop by ‘Or so she says…’ today and share some of your great ideas with my readers! The ‘Your Great Idea’ link party runs every Sat through Tuesday. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

    * Also, we’ve got a great giveaway going on with over $500 in prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did an amazing job with those details- looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so good! You did a great job. Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete