Home

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ombre Dresser

Another project is done and I've jumped on
another bandwagon to get it done.
 
OMBRE.
 
My oldest daughter had a tall 6 drawer dresser that I thought would
 be perfect for this technique.
 
 
I finally bought me some AS Chalk Paint. 
 Yeah!!
I bought Pure White, Provence, Florence, Paris Grey and Duck Egg Blue.
 
Not to mention both waxes and the large brush.
Pricey.......maybe.
 
 
 
Took the drawers out and painted them white,
I don't know if this step was necessary,
 but I did it anyways.
 
My garage at one point looked like an explosion of drawers.
 
 
 
Now for the ombre effect. 
 I took a whole bunch of the ASCP pure white  and added a drizzle of  ASCP Provence and ASCP Florence in equal parts (precise eh?). 
I started at the top with the lightest colour and then for every drawer below I added the same amount of Provence and Florence. 
I wanted the grade change to be subtle, but not too subtle and I think it worked great.
 
 
the effect is so cool.
 
 
Drawer pulls needed to be updated with a coat of Rustoluem white metal spray paint.
 
 
I painted the body pure white and let those drawers speak for themselves.
My daughter absolutely loves it.
So do I.
 

Having been my first chalk paint project I of course have my opinions about the chalk paint.  I do love that the chalk paint is great to mix and get any shade you want.  I did really like the soft feel of the paint after I gave it little sanding. 
 
You could see brushstrokes, which having spray painted for awhile I'm not use to seeing.
 It distressed well, maybe a little too well, if I bumped it at all it would scuff the paint.  The wax did seal it, but I still felt nervous about scuffing. 
Maybe that will change with time and the wax will harden up.
 
  Overall I did like the chalk paint and will use
 it when I want a certain colour that I can mix myself. 
 
Such a fun transformation.
 
linking with 
 
 
I was featured on
 
Featured on..Here Comes the Sun
 
 
Primitive and Proper
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

23 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks amazing! I love it.

    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. it come out great!!

    I would like to let you know about a new Craft Party,

    I would love to see your creations linked up with Crafty Tuesday

    Every week I will choose few tutorials and they will be featured on my blog and my facebook, twitter and pinterest page

    I hope to see you link up

    http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are the perfect shades of blue! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything Ombré ! It turned out so pretty! Be careful, ASCP is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I want one :) you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous!! I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, it feels good to finish another project and for it to turn out just like you wanted it to look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo cute!! I just bought a dresser very similar to this at a garage sale that I am going to paint... this gives me a good idea! Love this! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out soooo good!! It's bigger than I thought it would be. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out awesome!! Hope you will come by and share at Creative Things Thursday. http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dresser turned out amazing! I love all of those shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's perfect! You did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from From My Front Porch. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-13.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so pretty. You did a great job. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/simple-anti-aging-moisturizer-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great transformation! I love the ombre look and this is so creative! I'd love for you to share it at my party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. I think it'd be a great addition!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love how this turned out! The tall dresser is perfect for the ombre effect.
    {visiting from Here Comes the Sun link up party}
    Rhiannon at Being Mom{me}

    ReplyDelete
  16. It turned super cute!! It takes wax about 30 days to cure so a waxed piece always needs a little more gentleness. You can certainly use other sealers a well though. All depends on the look you are wanting. To help with the brush strokes I always like to dip the tip of my brush in a tiny bit of water. Nt too much though. Thanx for linking up to THT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this!!!! I have the same exact dresser' i think i'm definitely doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a fantastic job on the dresser, It really is perfect for the ombre technique. I saw a dresser at a garage sale recently that would have been perfect also. Now I'm kicking myself for not snatching it up! ☺
    Terrie @ HearthandWhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have featured this for What I Whipped Up Wednesday tonight! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful. I really love this. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! I love the color! Thanks so much for sharing this at Fabulous Friday! I'm featuring you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete