Home

Monday, April 16, 2012

Minky Monsters

On Friday my SIL had a bunch of girls over to her house for a "Pinterest Party".  A very fun way of showing some of the projects we have been inspired to try and complete from pinterest.  There was very yummy food and excellent projects (and when she posts all the projects I'll create a link).  This is one of the inspired projects that I brought (here is where I was first inspired, but realized she was inspired here). 

 Around my house we call them MINKY MONSTERS and my kids love them. 

These are the first two that I've made, but the possibilities are endless with your fabric choices.

  In fact this is a great project for using up your scraps from
other projects as the ears, legs,
face and eye require such small amounts.




Here is a very quick tutorial on how I made them.

Cut the body fabric to desire width and length.
(Two pieces about 10"x 12")
You could change this to fit your needs.



Curve the top to make a nice head shape.  Cut so there are two body pieces.



Next cut out two ears and sew right sides together (then turn right side out)
these ears were cut from 3"x 3" squares



I like the legs long and skinny with a curved end. 
Legs were about 10" x 4" pieces. 
Fold so that it's 10"x 2" and sew curve and side closed.  Turn right side out and stuff.



OK I know this is a bit of a jump, but I totally forgot to take pictures of cutting the face, eye and the pocket....oops. 
 So cut an oval and smaller circle and sew down onto the body with BLACK thread and then zig-zag around the edge in WHITE.  Add a cute button on the eye.
  Make a pocket that is then sewn onto the tummy. 
Pin ears to the top of the head .  Do the same thing with the stuffed legs and add the back body piece and sew around right sides together. 
(leave a small hole in between the legs for turning it right side out.) 
 Stuff and hand stitch the opening.





I think they are so cute with their X and O eyes. 
Who wouldn't want Hugs and Kisses from these guys?



Truly a face a mother could love.


linking with







Pin It and Win It Wednesday


10 comments:

  1. They are so cute! You didn't mention that you won a prize at the party for you minky monsters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable!!! Thanks for linking up to Party Time at So Very Creative! I featured your little monsters today! http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2012/04/minky-monster.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, and such a fun project, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute! I would love for you to link at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/live-linky-party-10.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, I am going to make these for my grandsons! Great way to use up some fabric scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute, I just have to make it! Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet are these! And what a great present for young boys

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love monsters and they are great for boys {that usually don't have all the cute stuff}
    Visiting from Wow us wednesday. Tricia @SeekingEcoChic

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're being featured today on my blog! YAY : ) I just adore these little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are too cute!! How imaginative.

    ReplyDelete