Home

Friday, November 4, 2011

Two Toned Coffee Table

I finally finished this provincial style coffee table.  It has been quite the process to get this coffee table done.  I think the hardest part was the weather.  With the temperature dipping below 0C I had to keep bringing the table inside to get it warm and then out to the garage to spray.  Other than that this project was fun because I tried a couple new things.


  First was I got to sand, distress and glaze the legs heavily






 and then I sanded the top right down and was able to try staining.



 I went with Min Wax polyshade in antique walnut.  I did the stain and polyurethane combination because I was being lazy and thought, "one step is better than two." 
Here was the before....love all the dust from other projects.


and once again the final product.

linking

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karyn. But you shouldn't put the "after" picture at the beginning of the post. It is like reading a book and knowing how it ends before you start! ; )
    When do we get to see the piano?? I dying to see it over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call it a full blown spoiler, sometimes I like to switch it up. :) The piano is coming, it's been moved into the house and I'm just waiting for the final picture so that I can show the transformation. It's so beautiful...I might be doing to a couple more pianos come springtime.

    ReplyDelete